Drinking water during fitness training has a couple of benefits. As you might already know, water covers more than half the physical body. It is an essential nutrient that affects major body parts, including the skin, lungs, heart, brain, and bones.
“Water represents a critical nutrient whose absence will be lethal within days.” – Barry Popkin, Food Science Researcher
Here is a list of the benefits of drinking water during fitness training:
1. Optimal performance in activities
Each time you sweat in an exercise, you lose a significant amount of water from your body. That is when you give way to dehydration. It happens when your body no longer has the sufficient amount of water that it needs.
At low levels, your ability to perform well at an activity declines as well. Thus, exposing you to unwanted conditions such as fatigue and reduced motivation. So, stay hydrated for optimal performance.
2. Improved cognitive functions
Dehydration also affects the way that your brain functions and perceives things. It could lessen your ability to discriminate between the items that you see as well as weakens your memory. During fitness training, remember that it pays well to be alert and conscious of your actions.
3. Happy and healthy heart
According to a scientific review, the position of your heart in particular exercise positions can affect the way that blood volume is distributed throughout your body. By keeping yourself hydrated, you help maintain your blood volume at a normal level. And with it comes a happy and healthy heart.
Water can be found in different food sources. To name just a few, there’s watermelon, cucumber, soup, and beverages.
Thirst, however, does not necessarily mean that you need to drink more water. There are a variety of reasons that attract us to drink. Also, the amount of water that your body needs is relative to one’s age and gender as according to the US Water Adequate Intake Recommendations.
Females who are 19 to 13 years old, for example, has a recommended water intake of 2.336 liters. Males under the same age group, on the other hand, are recommended to drink 3.189 liters.
Need a functional fitness trainer or someone to guide you through the process? Contact Pavel or come visit us at Czech Us Out.
Any thoughts about Water During Fitness Training? Share your thoughts with others in the comments below or share this blog post with your social community.
Looks can be deceiving. A person of renowned beauty could already be suffering from some sort of illness. The thing is that wellness isn’t skin deep.
What is wellness?
Aligned with the principles set by the World Health Organization, wellness is the state of being physically, mentally, and socially healthy. It is not simply the lack of infirmity.
Wellness and Good Nutrition
Staying healthy is a choice. It does not happen by accident. Every day, you have the choice to eat what you want to eat or do what you want to do.
According to long-term health specialist T. Colin Campbell…
“Good nutrition creates health in all areas of our existence. All parts are interconnected.”
Nutrition plays an important role in staying healthy. It is not enough to exercise regularly. You also need to pay close attention to the food you eat.
Unfortunately, people practice bad habits that must be changed should they want to achieve optimal health.
Essential Nutrients for the Body
In order for the body to function properly and survive in the long run, there are at least six nutrients that it needs to have. They are:
- Carbohydrates – Boosts energy and allows for good digestion. Sources of carbohydrates include bread, fruits, and whole grains.
- Fat – Helps absorb vitamins like vitamin A, and specific types of fat like omega-3 that are good for the heart. Healthy sources include fish, walnuts, and avocado.
- Minerals – There are 16 essential minerals that perform a variety of functions in the body. Among which are calcium, iron, potassium, phosphorus, zinc, magnesium, and iodine.
- Protein – Possess amino acids that help build and repair tissues. Sources of protein include dairy, beans, eggs, and low-fat meat.
- Vitamins – Just like minerals, vitamins perform different functions. Examples are vitamin C, folate, and vitamin D.
- Water – Regulates the different bodily functions and temperature. Can be found in all beverages and high-moisture food like the watermelon.
You see wellness isn’t skin deep. You need to maintain good nutrition and a healthy lifestyle.
Do you need help in achieving your health goals? You may contact Pavel at (417) 890-1616. He is available on weekdays from 5 a.m. to 7 p.m. and on Saturdays from 8 a.m. to 11 a.m.
What do you think about Wellness Isn’t Skin Deep? Feel free to share this blog post with others or leave us a comment below. We would love to hear from you!
Regular exercise is very important to maintain a healthy lifestyle, but did you know nutrition is the most important aspect of losing and maintaining a healthy weight? To effectively lose body weight and fat and lose 2 to 7 pounds per week, you must not secrete the powerful hormone INSULIN. A very simple, yet effective way of losing weight is as follows:
Things NOT to Eat
- Bread or pasta of any kind (avoid all products using white or whole wheat flour).
- Breakfast cereals and oatmeal.
- All fruit or vegetable juices.
- All alcohol or sodas.
- White starchy vegetables.
- All kinds of sugars (Natural or artificial flavors).
- All desserts.
Things You SHOULD Eat
- All meats.
- All fish.
- All birds.
- 100% cheeses.
- Raw nuts and seeds.
- All green or red vegetables.
- All fruits (except bananas, pineapple, grapes).
To schedule an appointment at Czech Us Out to learn how you can lose 2 to 7 pounds per week and help you begin your new and improved healthy lifestyle, we encourage you to contact us or stop by the gym to learn more.